Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Becoming a search ninja

Knowing how to search and evaluate are two of the most critical skills. I search and evaluate sources multiple times every hour - not to mention each day. They are not only critical; they are often the most used.

However, it's something we take for granted that students - and other adults - know how to do effectively. This is typically far from the reality. When would students have had to the chance to learn these skills? When do we allow for it in the curriculum?

As a former English teacher, I can vouch for the fact that these tasks are often given to the English/language arts teachers. But, they are everyone's jobs. They are not unique to any teacher or subject.

With that in mind, I've compiled some of my favorite Google searching tips and tricks to transform you and your students into search ninjas. I've also begun adding some of my favorite sources for teaching Web evaluation to the list.

See slide 65 for new updates


Enjoy! Check out fennovation.org for more literacy resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment