Tuesday, April 3, 2012

10 steps to creating a positive digital footprint

As an educator, I have spent a lot of time restricting my students from accessing certain materials and reminding them of what not to do when dealing with technology. However, I have not invested as much time in teaching students how to use technology appropriately and how to use it for positive means. And, I am not the exception. In the state of Missouri, we have enacted laws to prevent misuses of technology (Facebook teacher policy); however, we have invested little money or energy in teaching teachers, students, and others in the community how to create positive digital legacies. Maybe, if the focus was shifted to creating positive change, the results would change? With positive thought in mind, I have compiled 10 days' worth of materials for creating positive digital footprints. Stay tuned for day one...

No comments:

Post a Comment