Wednesday, February 19, 2014

False barriers

Today, I was perusing Twitter and I stumbled across several Tweets that made me think of teaching (and teaching is all it ever is).

Forbes magazine shared the quote: "If you think something is an insurmountable barrier – it probably isn't." Meanwhile, another mentioned that "students never demand professional development before using technology in the classroom." And, I think both address the same issue - fear. One of my co-organizers of EdTech Women, @tracyclark likes to ask "what would you do if you weren't afraid?" And, that is the question I like to pose to both educators and students - what would you do if you weren't afraid? How would you teach? How would you learn? What would you teach? What would you learn? Because, at the end of the day, it's not about integrating a specific piece of technology - it's about teaching and learning in a way that improves education and provides a successful foundation.

So, if we take out the word that seems to be an insurmountable barrier (technology), what would we do? Or, what if we changed our view of what constitutes technology, what would we do?


No comments:

Post a Comment