Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Girl Power - empowering girls in education

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to compile all of the resources I had collected on girls in education into one presentation. This year, I have co-sponsored a chapter of Girls Who Code after several of our girls expressed interest in getting more girls into the STEM fields. Since then, I have been on a mission to find more resources to support all ages and all interests. Check out the Girl Power presentation for the full version or, go to Fennovation.org.

Today, I added in:


  • Information on Margaret Hamilton, the woman coder who saved the moon landing!
  • Amy Poehler's Smart Girls - an organization devoted to imagination and intelligence over fitting in. 
  • Check out this EdSurge article on designing STEM for girls. 


No comments:

Post a Comment