Monday, November 16, 2015

Get creative with #chrome! #snagit #screencastify #presentme

I live 100% on my Chromebook so I'm always on the lookout for tools that allow me to be creative on my Chromebook. And, thankfully, there are a lot of options.

I'm a WeVideo fan for creating iMove/Movie Maker style videos. However, it has since made a lot more features at cost. Though it's understandable, it's not always feasible to pay in a classroom. YouTube editor is great, but then you have to worry about whether or not YouTube is available to students. So, if you know of others that can make movies off of a storyboard like WeVideo, do share!

In other news, I'm a fan of MoveNote for doing recording with presentations. Unfortunately, it recently has given many of our teachers and students technical difficulties. I have been unable to get feedback from MoveNote so I went searching for other solutions. If anyone from MoveNote reads this, perhaps we can get some resolution :) 
  • PresentMe is just like MoveNote, but it is limited to 3-4 recordings a month. 
  • OR...you can just record your screen - presentation or whatever is open in Chrome - with a screen recorder like ScreenCastify or Snagit.
I use the latter two tools daily so I don't know why I had not thought of that sooner. I guess I just liked the interface of MoveNote and the video option. Regardless, the second solution is valid and a great way to add voice to presentations. 

Check out Chromium Creativity for more ideas and fennovation.org for all things Google and Chrome. 



No comments:

Post a Comment