Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Day 21: My Blogging Challenge

Welcome to day 21 of my blogging challenge. In case you missed what it's all about, you can read more in Day 1.

Today's challenge: Do you have other hobbies/interests that you bring into your classroom teaching? Explain.

Definitely. I like to consider myself a pretty creative person so I always try to bring in creative elements into what I do. Though not all students and teachers consider themselves creative like me, I also think it's important for the teacher to be human for the teacher to bring in their unique qualities. It's in that connection and in that sharing that trust and growth happens.

When I taught High School English, I incorporated music creation, movie creation, website creation, newspaper creation, story creation and more. If it involved creating, I brought it into the classroom. Likewise, in my role working with teachers, I try to be a creative leader. I look for creative or out-of-the-box solutions to everyday problems. I believe this helps with solving those problems when traditional methods just aren't doing the trick.

From thinkjarcollective.com


What about you? What unique elements do you bring into the classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment